Friday, May 21, 2010

This post will contain TMI

***Warning TMI ahead ***


If talk of blood and cervical mucus skeeves you out, well then, you should not be reading my blog at all :p

I know this cycle will be different then any other cycle I've had due to the miscarriage. I can't help but hope a little anyway. 2 days ago I had ZERO spotting. I was happy thinking it had finally stopped. Then yesterday I had EWCM. However, it was brown. I was bummed out all over again. I just assumed it was more spotting. Today I had an overflow of regular EWCM. I have never had this much. All day.

On a normal cycle I would ovulate between CD 14 and CD 18. So I am right about there. I always have a few days of EWCM, then I ovulate, then it dries up. My LP is normally about 14 days. So I really want to hope that I will ovulate soon and get a period in a little over 2 weeks.

Realistically I know that this is highly unlikely. My temps are of no help, (they are all over and too high), and since my beta is not actually below zero I cannot rely on an OPK test. I am hoping based on one little fertility sign.

So I am going to pretend that I have extra fertile cervical mucus and could possibly ovulate any day now. And I was worried I would have nothing to obsess over this cycle. I always find something ;)

I am going in for what will hopefully be my final blood test after work on Monday.
I have not pee'd on any sticks in over a week.
Even if I do not ovulate this week I can still obsess over what promises to be a challenging chart.

I am going to meet a friends newborn tomorrow and am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. the cycle following a miscarriage can be really confusing. It is totally normal for it to be longer than usual even by a few weeks, but it isn't abnormal for it to be the usual length you are used to either. After my first miscarriage my cycle was pretty much a regular length for me and I think I ovulated around the right time too. This time around, I think it's going to be really late. My temps are all over the place so I can't really use those for anything.
    http://gettingthere.info
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete