Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bad Timing

Rob lost his job yesterday. Nothing he did wrong. Just cutbacks and a sucky economy. We'll be fine. He was given a severance that is basically the same as him being paid for the next 5 months. We have a savings if it goes longer then that. I have a good job and we are both on my health insurance.

It just sucks because I really wanted to leave the city and buy a house. That's what our savings is for. And to find out he's been laid off 3 days after we find out I'm pregnant just kinda sucks. A bit more anxiety to add to my already anxiety riddled self. Oh well, it isn't the end of the world and it could end up being a good thing. Who knows, perhaps he will get a better job he really likes. I just really wanted to move out of the city.

I'm already jealous that he gets to sleep in and might get to sleep in for the next 6 months to a year. grrrrrr.
However, he did promise to be my butler while he's unemployed. LOL ! That will so not happen.

Pregnancy Update:

The past 2 nights I felt QUEASY ! YAY for symptoms ! Makes it feel a bit more real. I'm also tired earlier but that may be due to cutting back on caffeine.

My FRER hasn't yet become a blazing positive. It is getting a bit darker every day and is still a strong line and it hasn't gotten any lighter so, I don't know. Yesterday I convinced myself that I wasn't pregnant. Then I felt like I was going to vomit and figured out that I am pregnant. I'm going to drive myself crazy and I've only known I've been prego since Monday.

I just wish that both lines were EXACTLY the same color or better yet, that the test line was darker. I know I should just be happy that there is a line. I will try to not go crazy over this.

3 comments:

  1. When it rains, it pours. Unfortunately, that's the way of the world I've found. I'm glad, however, that he got a really good severence out of it. That should give some buffer to find another job w/out a huge amount of stress! :)

    hCG doubles every 48 hours (more or less)...so I'm not surprised the line isn't uber positive yet. Hang in there - it will be soon enough!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could make you relax and enjoy this time 100%, but I know (because I've been in your shoes) that it's really hard to be convinced everything is going to be okay. All I can say is I'm convinced for you!!

    Sorry about DH's job. I hate this stupid economy! Great severence deal though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies. Yeah he's pretty depressed today. Hopefully he will find something soon. And yes Kelly, I really am going to try to enjoy this and stop obsessing over the lines.

    ReplyDelete