Sunday, August 29, 2010

Baby hates Doppler

I have a home fetal doppler. I bought it because I figured that anytime I got anxious about the pregnancy I could turn on the doppler, slide it across my tummy, hear the galloping sound of the baby's heartbeat, and be put at ease. That is not exactly what is going on here.

I didn't find the heartbeat until 1/2way through week 10. It took over 1/2 hour to locate and when I did find it I could only listen for less then a minute. It stopped. I am pretty sure the baby ran (swam) away from it. I can easily find my own heartbeat. I can easily find the placenta ( that sound like wind blowing ). I cannot easily find the baby. I normally do...eventually, though sometimes I have to put it away and come back later.

I am pretty convinced that the baby just doesn't like the doppler. And not being able to find that heartbeat right away may be causing more anxiety then it's worth. I am hoping that soon I will be able to find it more easily.

I am 11 weeks and 6 days today. One week and one day until the second trimester. 2 days until my NT ultrasound. This week has gone by very slow. I am excited for Tuesday's ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment