Tuesday, September 7, 2010

2nd Trimester !

I am 13 weeks 2 days today. I know there is some controversy over when the second trimester starts. I went through most of my life assuming it was 12 weeks. I never did the math. If you do the math it is 13.333333 weeks. So I am right about there :)

The blood work from my NT scan came back. Baby passed with flying colors ! I am very happy with the results and I won't be doing a cvs or amnio.

I am still waiting for my 2nd trimester energy burst. That doesn't seem to be happening. Other then tired and fat I feel pretty good and am considering myself very lucky as far as symptoms are concerned. Even my anxiety has decreased!

I have my anatomy scan on October 29th. I'll be close to 21 weeks. Seems a bit later then most girls but I can wait. I cannot wait to find out the gender and have some further reassurance that all is going well.

More to come. Now that I am more relaxed and less anxious and feeling better I hope to blog with more frequency again.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I think in most books they consider the 13 week to be the first trimester and 14 weeks the second trimester... which I guess makes sense for the sake of making things sensible.

    Nothing wrong with an extra week on the anatomy scan. The longer it is left, the more there will be to look at and the less doubt. :-)

    Look forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for making it this far! I thought 12wks was the mark for 2nd trimester too. You learn something new every day I guess.

    ReplyDelete