Tuesday, September 28, 2010

16 Week Check Up

All went great. A bit uneventful, which I'm learning is a good thing. I have gained a total of 5 pounds so far. According to my doctor that is well within normal for 16 weeks so I am happy with it. I really thought I had gained much more then that - whew!

We heard the heartbeat on her doppler and she found it in 4 seconds. She is good, it always takes me a few minuted - lol. At the end of October I have another appointment for more blood work and I start to meet the rest of the doctors in the practice.

There are currently 4 doctors and one midwife. So far I have only met the mid wife. I have chosen to have a doctor deliver though so next time I go it will be with a doctor. I will eventually meet all 4 doctors and one of them will deliver my baby. I won't know which one until I get to the hospital. I think it's a great system they have and I'm glad chances are very good I will know the doctor that will deliver.

October 29th is my anatomy scan where we also hope to find out the gender ! 1 month and 1 day away.

3 comments:

  1. What kind of doppler are you using? How many weeks were you when you were able to hear it for yourself?

    Glad everything is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonoline B. 3 mghz. I heard it at about 10 1/2 weeks, then i couldn't find it for a week.then found it pretty consistently from 12 weeks on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear its all ticking along nicely :)
    Bet you're excited about finding out what's cooking in there!

    ReplyDelete