Monday, January 3, 2011

3 Hour Glucose Test

I dealt with that this morning. I'm glad I was warned that it was going to suck. It did. Nothing horrible just more annoying. I woke up at 6am and couldn't have anything but small sips of water until the test was over. That was the hardest part. My appointment was for 8:30 am. I got there, they took me right away and took some blood and then handed me the glucose drink. Lemon lime flavored. Not terrible but not my first choice either. Then I spent an hour feeling a bit nauseous. They took my blood again, and again, and again.

Sitting in a chair for 3 hours, even with a really good book, just plain sucks. Especially when all I could think about was food. Starving a pregnant women is just not a good idea. I was so happy when it was over and Rob came to pick me up and we went straight out for a cheeseburger!! Delicious! I may not be able to have cheeseburgers for a few months once the results come in :(

I get the results Thursday and find out what comes next then. I assume it's a diet I will have to go on. I hope that's all. We'll see Thursday.

Saturday is my 3D/4D ultrasound and I am BEYOND excited for that.

Also, Kevin's crib came and Rob put it together today. I LOVE it and will post pics of the nursery when it looks more like a nursery. We still have some work to do and the crib mattress and glider aren't here yet.

In other news, I have updated my blog roll and taken off the ones that kinda died out and added in a few new ones I'm following that are just getting started.


1 comment:

  1. Hopefully, the discomfort will be worth it and you'll get the call to say that everything is actually fine afterall! FX!!

    3D ultrasound pic are just amazing. It is literally the closest thing to being able take a picture of your bub inside! Hope to see some!! :-D

    ReplyDelete