Friday, December 24, 2010

Yesterdays Appt

I had my OB appt yesterday. GD Test and the regular check up stuff.
GD test went fine. I was given the orange drink last time I went so I just drank it an hour before my appointment and they took me right away. I get the results on Monday.

Heartbeat was great, My weight was fine. I am up 17 pounds - eek.

However the midwife scared me a bit when she broke out the measuring tape. She measured me, looked confused, got out my chart, looked something up, measured me again and she didn't look happy
She said I was measuring too big!
I started to freak out and asked if my baby was growing too fast too quickly?

She then asked how tall I was and when I told her 5 feet she looked a bit relieved, FINALLY smiled and said that petite women will often measure bigger but she wanted me to get an ultrasound just to make sure.
Apparently I grew a bit too much between weeks 24 and 29.
I did see a doctor not the midwife last time. IDK if that matters

So I had a surprise ultrasound and baby is doing great! Just fine! He weighs about 2 pounds 14 oz and is in the the 59th percentile. His measurements are perfect! It is just me that is HUGE

I now see the OB every 2 weeks until I hit 36 weeks, then it switched to every week.

I hope all of you have a great Holiday !
MERRY CHRISTMAS

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are really are getting to the point end of the deal now!! You must be very excited!! :-D

    Are you doing antenatal classes and if so, when do they start?

    LOL! Yeah those external measurements aren't brilliant. There are so many factors which influence size e.g. amniotic fluid, core muscle tone etc. Only way to keep track of a baby's growth is through ultrasound.

    Sounds like everything is progressing brilliantly!

    Have a wonderful Christmas!!! :-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks GS. Yes I'm pretty excited! I don't know if/when I will do classes. I am going to discuss it with the dotor at the next appt.

    Hope you had a great holiday

    ReplyDelete